Thursday, March 7

Pre-Travels

So I have been in Heidelberg just about one week now. I have internet, I have the lay of the land, and  am starting to not feel like an outsider anymore. While I was removed from the outside world (aka in the dark ages of nein internet) I traveled for a few days in Dublin, Ireland and Brussels, Belgium.

Ireland:

St. Patricks Cathedral




Inside St. Patricks


St. Michans Crypt Mummies- I TOUCHED A CRUSADER

My first legal drink- of course it would have a shamrock and be Guinness



Malahide Castle

Malahide Gardens

Dublin Sunset

Clock in a mall/greenhouse!

Hill of Tara


New Grange- Older than Stonehenge!

Kilmainham Gaol

Arriving to Ireland at 5:30 am was certainly an experience. Jet lag really is just as fun as everyone says it is. The most memorable parts of the trip were the live singers in pubs every night of the week, the amazing archeological history, and HOW GREEN EVERYTHING REALLY WAS. It was shocking. Enjoy the video of some street performers- I thought they were very good!




 Belgium: In Belgium we toured around both Brussels and Brugges. Both were amazing cities! So full of architecture and cobblestone streets :) Oh- and of course everything chocolate was to die for!


La Grande Place



The obvious- Belgian Waffles

Mannequin Piss


Brugges: The bells of the Belfry

Brugges


View from the Brugges Belfry


Brugges Belfry

Adorable chandelier in the place we got sandwiches for lunch

The most fantastic organ I have ever seen- Brussels


No comments:

Post a Comment