Thursday, March 7

Heidelberg Castle

I have finally made it to my destination! Heidelberg, Germany :)

On Sunday, after meeting everyone and recovering from jet lag/exhaustion on Saturday, we all decided to visit the castle! It was beautiful- it was a sunny day and had some amazing views of our new home! It was free to walk around- and only 4 euro to go inside the museum, gardens, and castle which was a pretty good deal!

While on the hill top of the castle, I had my first German Bratwurst! It was amazing. The food here so far has been incredible. My favorite? The bread. Every single piece of bread I have tried here has been heavenly. It makes every sandwich that much more delicious. The beer is not too bad either!

Sunset in the Altstadt

Literally the view from outside my classroom

The castle from the Old Bridge

Lucky Monkey Statue

What else would we do on a large statue of a naked man?

View from the castle hill! Amazing!





Castle Ruins




This bench shows just how steep the hill to climb to the castle was!

Our first night out!

1 comment:

  1. Great Photos! Can't wait for you to show us around soon. I especially like the jpg image ending in 438 showing the green moat.

    ReplyDelete