Monday, June 17

Alles Gute zum Gebortstag, Danielle!

Here is her supporting me as a little ballerina... years ago!
Tomorrow is my special sisters birthday! Unfortunately, I will not be able to see her on her special day (maybe a skype will suffice!). I really miss her, so this post will have to suffice! Especially since I think she might be my only loyal follower :) In true sisterly fashion- I can always count on her to be my supportive rock! Anyways...

Here we are looking and smiling at the camera!
Here we are... well, not.
We have always been very active together. She has given me so many opportunities! The first that comes to mind is our obvious love of travel- I think she is the main reason I am even abroad today! She took me on my first big alone trip when I was 9 years old to California, and I have loved traveling with her ever since. Unfortunately, the photographs from that adventure were too ugly to post on a public forum (Yes- worse than that little number directly above in Greece), so the following memories will have to do :)
I would say we are pretty similar!
Good thing when we travel we are both turn into professional photographers- or else this blog post would not have been possible!

Not only do we like traveling- we like doing sports together too... shown here!
Obviously I meant here...
Even though we hang out a lot as a family- birthdays are always a special reserved family gathering. I am missing her and my parents just a little bit more these days in the home stretch of study abroad.

:) Here we are all together!
I sent her both a letter and care package last week, and I am hoping they get to her on time! She is one of my best friends, and has given me someone to look up to and laugh with (and sometimes at ;) all my life. I would not be near the person I am today without her influence. With her I have traveled to eight different countries and (I think?) 15 states!
Just casually in Greece- one of those 8!

And now one of those 15!

Experiencing some musical culture together! (We can't always be traveling you know- we have lives!)

Jump! You're in Montreal!
Just wanted to dedicate a small post to you Danielle! I love you and am wishing you the best day. I cannot wait to come home and see you and Jon again! Enjoy your letter and care package from abroad :)

Can't you tell we are related?



My beautiful sister :) Now I bet you see the relation!
Laughing. Crying. Hugging.
And now just hugging. Wish I could give you a birthday hug right now Danielle!

2 comments:

  1. This post is fantastic! Thanks so much. Now the pressure is on me to make sure your birthday is special even though you are so far away! I am not sure I can top this. Good thing Jonathan is around to take goofy photos of us.

    I love you and miss you too. I keep thinking about all these things to do this summer and wish you could be here to do them with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it is early- but would rather that then it be late! Have a fabulous day for me tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete