Wednesday, April 17

Schwetzingen Gardens

On Wednesday the 27 of March (yikes!) Our entire pre-semester language course was transported to Schwetzingen Gardens. The language course organized for a coach bus to take us all there, and a guided tour of the palace in either English or German! When we first arrived, we saw that Schwetzingen was a cute, small German town not far from Heidelberg. The palace reminded me more of Mannheim's palace than of Heidelberg's castle, looking more modern and built out rather than up. Because of this, it was initially unimpressive (Wow- I am already bored of European architecture, who knew that could happen!). The tour guide told us all to turn around, and showed that on a clear day one could see Heidelberg from the Palace front garden. COOL!
Our tour guide then walked us through the Palace facade and I was in shock. The gardens were MASSIVE! Standing at one end, you could not see an end to the gardens on any side around. Unfortunately, we went on a very cold and dreary day before much of the trees and flowers had bloomed- but I can only imagine how beautiful this place would be on days like today! Unfortunately, I forgot my camera to class this day- so I have no proof of the gardens beauty to show :( But I learned a valuable traveling lesson! Never leave without some form of camera- you never know where your day may take you!

http://www.schloss-schwetzingen.de/en/           <-- In case you want a visual!

1 comment:

  1. That's why I often lug my camera around despite it being vaguely annoying at times.

    ReplyDelete